I love teachers! They are an absolute gift. A breed apart.
Have you met my children? Hard work. Bloody hard work. And there are only two of them! After the 6 weeks’ holidays, I’m very ready to send them back to school. I mean, I love them dearly, but…you know what I’m saying? Exhausting!
So I’m all for showing teachers how much we appreciate them by the end of term. A gold medal wouldn’t go amiss! But it’s hard to be a bit different, which is what I aim to be for these special people. I’m sure anything we give is greatly appreciated, I know it in fact, as I have many friends who are teachers.
They tell me they like the little thoughtful things – homemade by the children, heartfelt by the parents. Special words and touches rather than extravagance. Although to be fair, I’ve not met one who would turn down a nice bottle of something. Well, there are 6 weeks to get through!
So here are a few sweet, personal and inexpensive ideas from Amazon to get your creative juices flowing, or save them even, since there’s not long to go now ’til the end of term……
(Amazon pricing correct as of 12th July 2016 and subject to change)
- A lovely personalised bag in a choice of cool designs, at only £6.00
2. I love the sentiment of this sweet little keyring “It takes a big heart to shape little minds” charm love heart pendant keychain £3.99
3. All teachers need pens! Such a lovely personalised pen engraved and presented in a gift box for £4.20
4. With gifts like these, I’m wishing I was a teacher now! 30 Piece ‘Thank You Teacher’ Retro Sweets Treat Box £4.99
5. Fabulous and funny Wine Glass Gift for teachers – End of Term, Half Term, New term £11.99
6. A really sweet plaque Recipe for a Good teacher £6.99
Or 6a. A personalised one Thank You Teacher wooden gift plaque£5.99
7. I love stationery, and this is really fun. Teachers always need notebooks! Bright Side Important Teacher Notes Book £9.99
10. I’ve gone for scented candles this year. This one is so cute. East of India Special Teacher Scented Candle £9.69
11. This super cute set has it all – candles, toiletries, chocolate scent… chocolate gift bag £15.99
12. A picture frame, maybe with a photo of the class in it, or a drawing from your child? Resin personalised frame for teacher £12.00
What do you think? Are you feeling inspired by any of these teacher gift ideas? If you’ve left it really late, you can always sign up for Amazon Prime and get next day delivery.
Disclosure : this post contains affiliate links to Amazon.