If you’re anything like me, you will have had great intentions to make something lovely with your children for Mother’s Day. Then you wake up and it’s two days to go, and suddenly PANIC!!
Take the same situation for Teacher Gifts, Easter presents, or any other situation. Or should I not judge everyone by my own standards?
Well, just in case this is you, well-intended but somewhat disorganised, or just short on time, I’m here to save you!! Grab your paint pots and your kids, and let’s get crafting!!
Firstly, the video. It’s probably easier to follow!!
‘Quick, Easy Mothers Day or Easter Gift Crafts’
Secondly, a few brief instructions.
These jars can be vases or candle holders, whichever the recipients would prefer. We are giving them as teacher gifts for Easter, so have put simple spring flowers in them.
- Make sure your chosen jars are clean and dry, and labels are removed
- Dip the base of each jar into your chosen paint, turn upside down and leave to drip down the jar.
- Repeat with the second colour once the first is dry.
- Personalise with leafing pen or permanent marker if desired
- Decorate with ribbons
- Fill with spring flowers or candles
We recommend using chalk paint as it adheres to glass very well. We used Rustoleum chalk paint and metallic leafing pen which were kindly given to us by Rustoleum.
For the picture frame:
- Remove the glass from the frame
- Make sure there is no loose paint or varnish
- Pain in your chosen colours. If using chalk paint, one coat will be sufficient.
- Distress with sand paper if desired
- Decorate or personalise with metallic leafing pen.
That’s it! So very easy. Let your imagination run wild.
If you try these crafts, please share with us on social media – we’d love to see them!
Also let us know if your Mum, teacher or other gift recipient liked them!
Please pin for later: