Last year we developed a ‘Bucket and Spade’ list for our summer activities. Since a bucket list is meant to be things to do before you ‘kick the bucket’, we thought bucket and spade list was a bit less morbid!! Anyway, here we are in France already, having been taken by surprise by the earlier school holidays in Scotland, and finding ourselves somewhat disorganised in comparison to last year! So we’re quickly pulling together a summer bucket and spade list to make sure we all get to do something we want to this summer.
- Buy some intriguing items from a car boot sale
- Be resistant to being annoyed by Toby (oh I hope he manages this one!)
- Go bike riding at least once a week
- Make the house be more settled (?)
- Make a lot of money from doing jobs (!)
- Go to the World of Crocodiles (Planet of Crocodiles)
- Have a Chinese Buffet
- Go on a trip to a beach (any beach)
- Night Swimming
- Go to La Vallee Des Singes (Valley of the Monkeys)
- Read some books
- Make something delicious out of all these plums!
- Stop the kids fighting!
- Find the best ice cream
- Visit a Chateau
This summer might be my bucket list! It has been really hard work already, especially in the garden where we had a massive tree fall in a storm which has taken some considerable clearing. My bucket list is, therefore:
- Get the garden sorted and looking nice again
- Drink some nice wine
- Enjoy the Mad Hatters Music Festival
- Chill out!
It seems our requests are quite simple this year, which is perhaps a reflection of our need to slow down and chill out after a busy year of moving house and settling into a new place. There has been some hard work here already, and probably more to come. Thank goodness the in-laws are here and have been a fantastic help so far. I’ll be sorry to see them go tomorrow.
Check back with us to see how we get on at the end of the summer (if I’m still here!!)…
Please pin this for later: